"The committee system has put the Senate on the map" — JR Odgers
- Hover on a committee to find out more.
- Head for Committees and Committee reports to discover the work of committees.
- Steer a course through the Timeline for committee history and highlights.
- Find your bearings with the navigation box in the bottom left.
- Use your browser’s zoom function to expand or reduce the map.
→Legislation and references committees
↓Select and other committee types
Legislation and references committees
Permanent committees established from 1970 to examine all areas of government activity
Committees concerned with the internal operations of the Parliament and parliamentary departments
Legislative scrutiny committees
Scrutiny committee assess legislation against a number of principles aimed at protecting individual rights and liberties and ensuring parliamentary oversight
Committees existing from 1970 to 1994 to examine government expenditure proposals and the operations and activities of government departments
Select committees inquire into and report on specific matters and cease to exist upon the presentation of a final report